When you’re trying to avoid processed sugar, or following a paleo diet, it is often difficult to find sweet treats that satisfy your chocolate cravings.
But no longer with this recipe for homemade peanut butter cups!
The ingredients are pretty basic and with no baking required you can be enjoying these treats in just 20 minutes!
What you will need:
- Coconut oil
- Rainforest Foods Cacao powder
- Natural, unprocessed honey
- Peanut butter
- Cupcake cakes
The honey I am using here is as fresh as it comes – my boyfriends dad is a bee keeper so we always have a supply of unprocessed, natural honey in the corner but you can certainly buy similar in all supermarkets.
- Combine cacao powder, honey and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave for 20/30 seconds.
- Mix the heated mixture and then pour in to your cupcake cases.
- Freeze the cups for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add a spoonful of peanut butter to the centre of the cup.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to cover the tops of your cups.
- Return to the freezer for 10/15 minutes until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
These really couldn’t be easier to make and are simply delicious too.
The only key point I would make is that cacao powder is quite bitter and a lot stronger than it’s processed cocoa powder counterpart. For this reason you might need to add a little bit more honey as you go to sweeten it, but just make sure you taste test it after heating!
Want to make these even more delicious? Try adding nuts or raisins.
Do you have any simple paleo recipes for sweet treats? Share below!0